Ed

Default General International Table Saw Dimensions

(Bruce) wrote in
om:

I doubt you'll find it cheaper. I tried to find one since before
Thanksgiving, very long wait for orders. Finally, drove to Canada
(Windsor, Ont) and brought it (50-185 m1) back. With the crappy exchange
and the non-refundable 8% PST and the 3% duty, I paid around $760 US.
About a $75 premium. I just didn't want to wait another 3 or 4 months to
start making sawdust.

I wanted the 52" but I'm glad I got the 30" rails, it fits in my shop
nicely.

This is my first post to this group but I've searched
the archives and received quite a bit of useful information
so far. I'm going to be purchasing a General International
50-185 table saw but I'm not sure if I should get the
LM1 model with a 52" rip fence system or the M1 with the
30" fence system.

As far as pricing goes, I've only found this saw for sale
online at a few places and the price seems to be right at
about $650US for the 30" and $690US for the 52". Anyone
know where I might find this any cheaper? I was considering
buying from Tools-Plus online. The nearest distributer is
about 2½ hours from me and they don't have any in stock.
they want $629US and $729US for the small and the large and
wouldn't have it for about a week. I'd have to pay in
advance and pay sales tax but I might save a little on
shipping even after paying for the gas to get there and back.
Sorry this is so long. I'll try to keep my posts shorter
in the future. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Bruce