Edwin Pawlowski

Default General International Table Saw Dimensions

"Bruce" wrote in message
om...
Unfortunately I
haven't been able to find the dimensions for either of the
above listed saws.

http://www.general.ca/product/inter/50175an.html

Specifically, what I need is the width
of both saws from the edge of the table to the left of the
blade to the end of the fence rails to the right for both
saws. I'm hoping that any of you who have either saw would
measure yours and post the results for me.

The specs say the table is 40", so the blade is in the center making it 20"
to the left. Add the 30" or 52" on the right for total size.. Figure about
72" for the big one.

What I'd really like to do is build a new router table
top to put into the space between the fence rails.
I like having a fairly large router table and I figure
that the longer rails of the 52" saw would give me a space
to add one and combine two tools into a smaller space.

Adding a router to a 30' saw is not a good idea IMO, The tableboard is just
too small. If I had a 52" saw, I'd consider it. If you have the router
setup on the 30", you'd be chanign setups on the saw or the router to
accomodate use of the other tool far too often. Although I've seldom wished
I had the longer rails, I don't think I could live with a router in my 30"
saw. I have a table and I can leave the setup alone while using the saw and
vice versa.

If you can fit it, get the 52" if you are willing to give up a dedicated
router table.

BTW, it looks like a nice saw.
Ed