Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default OT - Speed Cameras

On 3/30/2011 7:44 AM, Steve B wrote:

I once went 120 on a Honda 750 in around 1969 when they were one of the
fastest things around. That was a rush.

Quite a few years ago, a friend let me ride his GPZ1100. Up to this
point, the biggest street bike I'd ridden was a 450 Ducati.
I puttered around a bit, mindful that it wasn't my bike. But heading
back, at the last stop light, I decided to nail it just once. Not
wanting to chance looping it, I chose to forgo a full on drag strip
launch, waiting until I was well into the intersection to really nail it
hard. There was a gentle right hand turn about 1/4+ mile ahead. By the
time I got there, I was something over 100mph and had a -bad- case of
tunnel vision. Was more concerned about someone pulling out of a parking
lot than getting an accurate speedo reading.
Right then and there, I resolved to stay on smaller bikes, else I'd lose
my license eventually.

Had I known then I was half a block from the Grass Valley CHP office, I
would have toned it down considerably... G

Jon