Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default gutter with low spot in middle and standing water

Kyle wrote:
Now that the weather has gotten a bit more civilized in my area of the
U.S., I went on the roof to do a few seasonal fixes, among which was
tightening the pins/spikes that hold the gutter in place.

I noticed that the gutter on the front of the house (about 50'/15m
long) has standing water in the center 20'/5m or so (about 3/4"/1cm at
deepest point). Anyone have any reasonable solutions as to how to
raise the center so that water drains and doesn't lay there?

I've seen in old discussions here advice about pulling the gutter and
remounting it, but I don't see how that's feasible. We're talking
about moving a gutter less than the diameter of the nail/pin that
holds it in place, and it's not like one can just move the nail/pin to
the left or right, yes?

Putting the downspout at the low point is right out, as the low spot
is right over the front door.

I haven't seen anyone post results of filling the low space with some
sort of lightweight solid that would raise the "floor" of the gutter
to make it drain.

Any thoughts?

Hope someone can help you out. I have a similar problem with low spots on a
garage flat roof.

Like you, I'm hoping for some very light leveling substance.