Posted to uk.d-i-y
Triffid Triffid is offline

Default Most reliable combi boiler 2011

John Stumbles wrote:
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 01:10:53 -0800, sm_jamieson wrote:

OK, this changes from time to time I guess. I may be getting a new
combi boiler , about 30kW. Up to a 1000 quids.
What is the most reliable boiler around at the moment for that spec ?
I.e. one that has the vaguest hope of lasting 10 years (I know its
ridiculous !)

What's ridiculous about a mere 10 years? The only crop of the recent
generation of boilers that I wouldn't expect to last that long are
Ideal's horribly unreliable and expensive to repair POSes. (I've taken
one out recently.)

The Worcester-Bosch Greenstars I've been putting in over the last 5
years or so seem to be plodding along OK.

That's good news. I had a WB Greenstar 30 CDi put in three years ago. No
problems so far, touch wood (apart from condensate pipe freezing this
winter).

Mind you, the Baxi conventional boiler that the Greenstar replaced was 31
years old and still going strong when replaced...

--
Triff