Posted to alt.home.repair
Tomas Tomas is offline

Default Bostitch Nailgun SB-1850BN (air at trigger, does not cycle)

On Mar 5, 1:46*pm, dpb wrote:
On 3/5/2011 11:58 AM, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 5 Mar 2011 09:28:03 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

This thing has less than 20 hours and looks brand new (passed
warranty). I contacted Stanley/Bostitch and replaced just about every
seal this thing has, including the trigger valve. Using 110psi, I
press the trigger and air comes out of the trigger but the gun does
not fire (cycle). I'm not about to send this to be repaired since I've
seen these refurbished for around $50. Any ideas? When I put it away
last July, it worked.

Have you put oil in the gun? Several drops *down the hose connector?

Or a critter built a nest in the air hole or exhaust? *Mud daubers are
particularly bad about that around here; wouldn't be first time I'd have
found somesuch blockage...leaf cutters are great in the ends of the lawn
sprinkler at about the same hole diameter to lay eggs altho not correct
time of year for (assuming) NA.

--

Plenty of oil and it was stored in a sealed case. I took it apart and
replaced the seals, piston head and trigger valve. Everything appears