Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Getting tile adhesive off a plaster wall

Keefiedee wrote:
I suspect the answer is no, but is there an easy (ish) way to get tile
adhesive off a plaster wall? The tiles were removed in a bathroom
rearrangement before we bought the house, and it would not be
appropriate to re-tile over the same area.

I have tried a steamer, and an orbital sander with coarse paper, but
am wondering about using Nitromors. Can't think of anything else - so
am becoming resigned to a long job, but this group often surprises me
with answers I've never thought of, so any ideas?

It simply is not worth even trying.

Hack it off as best you can (or leave it) and re-skim.

TIA

Keith