Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Walker Steve Walker is offline

Default Re-Roofing a log store

Tabby wrote:
On Feb 22, 2:15 pm, Andy Dingley wrote:
On Feb 22, 2:04 pm, Mark Bluemel
wrote:

What board should I use? OSB? WBP ply? Something else?

I wouldn't board and felt it, I'd use (for simplicity) something
that was inherently both strong enough and waterproof. Corrugated
asbestos cement is the traditional one, or these days that
probably means Onduline.

If you do want to board it, OSB is the stuff. However there are a
couple of grades about and most builders merchants only sell the
less water resistant of the two, so check first. OSB is quite
resistant to moisture on its surface, but it does need to have the
edges well protected.

OSB is a popular choice, but use OSB3, not 1 or 2.

Much better transfer speed, but still backwards compatible?