Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I want to know about bad phone wiring!

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:20:29 -0800 (PST), wrote:

These boxes would be installed as a replacement master socket
(similar to an ISDN line termination) - so at least the downstream
effects of improvised phone-extension isn't something I have to reckon
with in testing (it provides a POTS outlet, so what the consumer does
with that is their own business).

Be aware that wires conduct in both directions. B-) Induced **** on
the house wiring *will* get back to your box.

Will the incoming line be providing POTS and data service, like
broadband is provisioned now (POTS and ADSL on the same pair) or will
the POTS sevice be derived in the box and use a little bit of the
data service on the line?

--
Cheers
Dave.