Posted to uk.d-i-y
G8PSZ G8PSZ is offline

Default Welding HDPE, how easy is it?

"harry" wrote in message
On Feb 7, 10:34 am, wrote:
I was searching for ways to stick HDPE (in the knowledge that, being
polythene, it's pretty dificult) and got some hits on HDPE welding
rods. That set me to wondering how easy it is to weld, my father used
to weld PVC to make ducting and I know when I played at doing that
(many, many, years ago) it wasn't too difficult.

So, how easy is it to weld HDPE? I.e. if I get suitable welding rod
and a suitable heat gun will I be able to mend a couple of HDPE water
butts which have splits in them? Further (and presumably more
difficult) is it realistic to think one might be able to weld a length
of HDPE pipe into the water butt and make the joint waterproof?

Any experience/comments most welcome.

--
Chris Green

Try googling Plastic Kyak repair, there are loads of how too's out there.
Chris