Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sorcerer[_2_] Sorcerer[_2_] is offline

Default cost of LPG gas comparison

geraldthehamster wrote:
On Feb 5, 11:16 pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On 5 Feb 2011 18:57:55 GMT, Steve Firth wrote:

Natural gas 4p/kWh
Heating oil 7p/kWh
LPG 8p/kWh

Heating oil was 70p+/l if you where daft enough to have to pay it in
Dec. It's now about 55p/l or roughly 5.5p/kw, bear in mind that in
early Dec it was only 45p/l and in Aug 40p/l.

I don't know if LPG has similar volatile pricing.

--
Cheers
Dave.

In my experience when LPG does up it tends to stay up. That's why I've
bought a wood burning stove...

LPG usually goes up at the start of the heating season, ie, winter, then
comes down again in spring, although it probably doesn't come down as much
as it should. I have no experience of using LPG for heating/cooking but my
car runs on LPG. Someone from www.lpgforum.co.uk posted this link recently
which shows that it is indeed on its way down again
http://quotes.ino.com/chart/index.ht...&t=&a=&w=&v+d3