Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default 50 year old house.. Wood doors need to be repained. need to remove paint,, advice on sanding etc

KOS wrote:
Hi
I am going to repaint a wood bathroom door in a 50 year old house. The
doors are in really good condition. I would like to remove the paint
from the door... I have a sander but whenever I use it dust covers the
entire room, so I dont want to use that.. Any liquids that work well
for this type of project? I did use an environmentally friendly
"paste" that you put it on and wait 24 hours then scrap off- but I
dont think that will work on the door, as the paint is pretty good on
there. Thanks

Doing anything with paint - other than putting it on something - inside your
home will render your home almost uninhabitable.

Take the door outside.

Use the harshest paint remover you can find. It will take several
applications.

Then use your sander.