Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Lab1 Lab1 is offline

Default Repair or replacing a GE Spacemaker Microwave?

On 1/19/2011 12:55 PM, BSAKing wrote:

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a secondary fuse I could
check on this model before I turf it? Obviously main one is good as
everything else powers on.

I don't think there is a secondary fuse, I may be wrong.

The second question is that I remember installing this thing and
having to adapt a hole in the wall to an outside vent etc to fit it. I
am hoping that maybe a new model of the same make would have roughly
the same vent location so I do not have to rebuild that part to put in
a new one.

Or maybe it is standard for all microwaves? Does anyone know?

I've installed several of those and they always have optional vents out
the back or the top. Configurable with removable plates or I seem to
recall one had a slider deal on the inside that you reposition to open
either the top or rear vent. On some (if not all) you can shut them both
off and it will vent out the front or bottom.

Unfortunately the wall hangers and the top mounting holes are not always
in the same location from model to model, which means you'll be making
swiss cheese out of your wall/cabinet.

--
-Scott