Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Copper Tubing too big, how to size?

First, some nomenclatu plumbing pipe is named by its nominal ID.
Your 5/8 OD copper pipe is what's called 1/2". And it's highly
standardized - how a piece that's .655 got into play is the question.
Unless it's 3/8" threaded brass pipe, but that's larger, about .67 OD.

The 3/8" brass makes more sense, 'cause it was often used to plumb
toilets. I don't think that I've ever seen a toilet plumbed with 1/2'
pipe. Is the pipe-valve connection threaded?

The solution is to replace that .655 pipe between the valve & the
toilet. If the toilet valve that it connects to requires that size
pipe, replace the valve too. That's highly unlikely, though, unless the
valve is Victorian era. And then it should be replaced anyhow.

Bob