Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

Default OT--Actual elecytronics repair question

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 19:31:52 +0000 (UTC) Meat Plow
wrote in Message id: :

Yaesu VX-5R tri-band hand held. Momentary contact power on/off button.

I've owned this radio for 9 or 10 years. Recently I have to push several
times on this rubber on/off button to get the radio to come on. But it
always takes just one touch to turn it off. And the radio works fine
otherwise including all the other buttons. Just have to play around
pressing the button maybe three/four/five times. Sometimes it powers on
when pressed once! But always shuts off with just one easy push.
This indicates to me that it's not a problem with button contact but
rather a microprocessor problem.

Discuss.

Is it possible to trace where the two connections to the button go, or do
you have a schematic by any chance?