Posted to alt.home.repair
Rocinante Rocinante is offline

Default Security Door - One Way Screws

On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 00:21:18 -0800, Robert H wrote:

I am about to install a security screen door which will be attached to the
house with 8 included 4-inch color-matched one-way screws. Obviously, I
need to get it right the first time. According to the oh-so-simple
instructions, I just need to drill 3/16-inch holes, then use a flat blade
screwdriver to insert the screws.

How do the pros do this? Is there a drill bit for one-way screws? I also
had the idea to first install the door using 2-inch hex-head lag screws,
then remove them one by one and replace with the one-way screws.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

You would drill smaller pilot holes and then screw in the screws by hand.
If you use a power drill, your hand will probably slip and the bit will
damage the door.

--
I have a spelling checker / It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue / Mistakes I cannot sea.

1/2/2011 12:35:07 PM