Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Name That Tool

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 06:57:08 -0800,
wrote:

(...)

$5 garage sale PHDs, Cut and grind safe to size, knock down the
handles for lighter weight, Roberta's yer auntie.

An Applied Geometry problem for sure.
I shall have to put on my "Ponder Hat".

Fold one lip up half an inch @ 60 degrees? and cut a bit off the other
side. That'll give you a leverage point for the adobegoo wrestling.

Or just roll your own with 5/8" square tubing and some 1/8" CRS. I may
do that myself, during the winter downtime.

Yup. Elsewhere in the thread, I contemplate repurposing a pair
of groove joint pliers to that end.

(...)

Sometimes small boulders shoot out of the hole
damaging cottages in the neighborhood.

What? You don't have a Null Shield on it yet? Silly person.

Oops.

They also eat "D" cells like you wouldn't believe.

That they do. I'd get a Zephyr replacement battery if I were you.

(Vague "Knight and Day" reference. Wunnerful movie; must see!)

Shall check it out.

NOTE: From now on, I'm going to ask PHD braggarts if they dig many
holes with 'em. When they give me the weird look, I'll innocently say
"Oh, when you mentioned PHD, you weren't referring to a Post Hole
Digger?"

I've met a few, too. Still looking for the exception
to the rule. Nuff said.

--Winston