Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default How long does it take to thaw out an underground pipe?

drugs began to take hold. I remember TheOldFellow
saying something like:

My previous thread about my frozen supply pipe elicited no helpful
suggestions, frankly just as I expected. There just isn't any way to
thaw out a pipe in the ground.

So now it's 4 days later,

My neighbour's supply pipe has only just thawed out, some five days
after a -17C night. I don't know what depth it was buried at, but I
suspect it was only a foot or so and it had been concreted over (a
farmyard).