Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Better than STERNO

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

One of these works for day-long power outages here, along with LED
booklights. http://tinyurl.com/2v3hdqr

FWIW, those are _impossible_ to adjust for a low simmer (having only two
or three discrete "stops" in the adjustment; and no, you can't 'trim'
them).

They also are so affected by even a light breeze, that they're just about
unusable anywhere but indoors or inside closed-up tent.

I have a couple for indoor power emergencies, but don't really like them.

OTOH, I have a little Chinese two-burner butane stove I got from a
Haitian importer friend, and it's about the dandiest little miniature
stove you could want. It tunes to anything from a roar to a bare simmer,
and the canned butane is sold by many ACE hardware stores.

LLoyd