Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default Using vinyl floor adhesive with self-stick tiles

On Dec 22, 9:08*pm, "EXT" wrote:
"Hell Toupee" wrote in message

On 12/21/2010 11:00 AM, Mikepier wrote:
In the past I have put down regular vinyl tile (non self stick) with
floor adhesive with no problem. Is there any harm in using it with
self-stick vinyl tile? I wanted to put floor adhesive to prevent the
self-stick tiles from popping up plus to give *it some added strength
to adhere to the floor.

That's what I did in 1983. The kitchen floor is still intact and in pretty
darned good shape, considering its age.

Some tiles recommend using an adhesive that sets to a sticky surface, so it
is like putting two pieces of duct tape together sticky side to sticky side.
Then try to get it apart. My laundry room floor used this method, nothing
has moved in 25 years.

Yeah... Amazing... It is called "contact cement" it is the same
magical
glue that is used to attach laminate surfaces to the substrate which
is
supporting it...

~~ Evan