Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Brentnall Adrian Brentnall is offline

Default Replacement mitre saw blade - how many teeth ?

On 07/12/2010 13:01, John Rumm wrote:
On 06/12/2010 15:35, Adrian Brentnall wrote:
HI Folks
I have an elderly 'Performance pro' mitre/chop saw,
with the original (brutal!) blade - which is 254 x 30 x 32t.

It's grand for chopping up 4x2 for roof supports - but lacks finesse for
'posh' work.

I want to get a decent (square) cut edge on some laminate flooring -
so was looking for a replacement blade with finer teeth.

Seems that this blade can be obtained in 40t, 60t and 80t -
(all on Amazon) what's recommended for general 'fine' use ?
I'd appreciate your suggestions (I'll be keeping the original 32t
blade for 'rough' work).

I would say 60 is plenty for fine work unless you are cutting very small
parts (skimpy picture frame mouldings say). I have a 60 tooth TCT blade
on mine and find that is fine for finish work on mouldings like cornice
or architrave and also general cutting.

Thanks John....

Not planning in getting into picture-framing g -
but the original blade's a bit 'agricultural' for anything that's going
to be on show....

Adrian