Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default Dishwasher not filling

On Dec 5, 6:07 pm, Tabby wrote:
On Dec 4, 10:08 pm, mike wrote:

Our 15 year old Bosch dishwasher has stopped filling although the
heater still comes on. I've checked the water inlet valve for
blockages and put a meter across it which has given a reading within
expected range.

Haynes Dishwasher manual suggests a pressure system fault is most
likely but it's pretty vague about how to diagnose/solve the problem
--- "The pressure system has no standard design or location" --- so
I'm struggling to know what I should investigate next.

I can't see an obvious, separate pressure switch but there is a large
plastic matrix behind the side panel.

Photos of innards he

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6...ttp://img696.i...

Any pointers as to likely problem / location / solution would be much
appreciated.

I suspect the water level switch might be that big white job in the
middle of the 2nd pic. You've got a water cavity with what looks like
a float that operates it.

I've had problems with soap and crud getting into the float chamber,
so that it thinks it's full when it isnt. The micro switch should be
easy enough to test.