Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Making concrete look old & dirty

On Dec 2, 5:40*pm, blueman wrote:
I need to patch some concrete outside and I want to be able to match the
color (basically 'dirty looking') and make it look old & weathered.

Can I just add a little 'dirt' (i.e. soil) to the mix to make it look
darker and dirtier or will this create problems such as encouraging
organic growth or weakening the concrete (I would only add a little
bit).

Any better ways to weather concrete?

Note: it's only a small patch so I was hoping for something simple and
cheap...

Don't add any dirt to the concrete. Just lay and match it as best you
can. Difficult.
To make it look old, get some cow ****, mix with water and sluice
about. This promotes algy which is why your concrete looks dirty.
Don't expect it to work i cold weather though. Niffs a bit.