Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y,24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.tech.digital-tv,alt.home.repair
Woody[_7_] Woody[_7_] is offline

Default only Ni-Mh batteries, a better man than I

"john gurney" wrote in message

Just bought a Duracell battery charger yesterday for
rechargeable AA and AAA batteries. (model no CEF24UK)

The first disappointment was that it only charges *two* AA or
two AAA at a time. (usually chargers of this size charge four
batteries at a time).

When I got home it specifically says in the instructions only
to charge Ni-mh batteries, and not any others.

So I rang the free phone number and said I've got a lot of the
older Ni-Cd batteries (like you have...right?) and would it do
any damage to the batteries or the charger to charge them?

Could I get a straight answer, could I hell.

I was very persistant, but she would not answer in a straight
way. When I asked if I could be transferred to a technical
department, she said, "we have 'all' the information".

All you staring blankly out of the window, waiting for
something to happen...
It's a free phone number...... 0800716434

The question I kept repeating was, will any damage be done to
either the charger or to the older ni-cd batteries, if charged
up in this charger?

If you can get a straight answer from this women you're a
better man than I.

The answer is no, it will not hurt the Ni-Cds provided the charge
current is within the range of the cells.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com