Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default Bristol Alloys

On 11/23/2010 7:28 PM, Bruce wrote:
On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 19:25:58 -0500, Wes

Just 10 years for this, it is shocking.

Falsifying materials going into a US sub, should be executed for treason.

Wes

How barbaric! They don't even execute people for murder anymore.

Sure, "they" do.

But being a bit less facetious, it appears that the current U.S. (I
don't know anything about Europe) penalties for crime does not prove a
deterrent. Perhaps it is time for a change?

You're suggesting ending penalties for crime?

I don't see capital punishment as a deterrent, but I do see it as
preferable to warehousing killers until they die of old age. I consider
locking them in a cage till they die to be "cruel and unusual
punishment", which is banned by our Constitution.

David