Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default WTB: 18" 3 Jaw Chuck

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 11:16:37 -0600, "Pete C."
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Guy needs an 18" 3 jaw chuck with large center hole for opposite end
(left) of headstock for supporting pipe while threading.

Anyone got a clunker kicking around?

I need to be able to bore the center hole out to minimum of 6.75"

cringe...and yes..I suggested an adapter with 3 bolts.....which would
be a hell of a lot easier to make up from scrap.....and cheaper......

Good grief, what about an ordinary pipe roller stand with the two
rollers and height adjustment? I can't imagine spinning 6.75" pipe fast
enough to need a top roller, but that would be easy to add.

I know I know...sigh...I told him about a half dozen ways to implement
the project.

However having a dog at the opposite end of the spindle from the
threading does have some advantages

I used to do a lot of work for Gossco..a Fullerton California pipe
threading company that did up to 48"

Ive mentioned it before here.

So I do have a skosh bit of knowledge on the subject...

Man doesnt ever seem to learn.

Shrug

Gunner

--
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't