Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default WTB: 18" 3 Jaw Chuck

"Pete C." wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Guy needs an 18" 3 jaw chuck with large center hole for opposite end
(left) of headstock for supporting pipe while threading.

Anyone got a clunker kicking around?

I need to be able to bore the center hole out to minimum of 6.75"

cringe...and yes..I suggested an adapter with 3 bolts.....which would
be a hell of a lot easier to make up from scrap.....and cheaper......

Good grief, what about an ordinary pipe roller stand with the two
rollers and height adjustment? I can't imagine spinning 6.75" pipe fast
enough to need a top roller, but that would be easy to add.

I wonder if the second chuck makes the set up a lot more rigid. I expect there is a
fairly long piece of stock sticking out on some supports.

Wes