Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Floor to ceiling, wall to wall bookcase materials

"Han" wrote in message

Yes, indeed. We have almost a dozen IKEA Billy bookcases, oak, some with
the glass doors on them, and they are really great. Some shelves do sag
just a little because spouse has put very heavy books in them, but most
are just great. No sign of anything bad where the coffee cups go back in
after dishwashing, when they usually aren't quite dry grin.

--

I also have some Doxy MDF shelves that have been in use for over 20 years.

Better still I can tell you how to prevent the sagging. Buy some 3/8" steel
curtain rod or better yet the shiny brass plate Aluminum one, add some
tension socket ends. These work as book-ends and support brackets.

If anyone needs pictures I will post them.

--
Colbyt