Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry B[_4_] Larry B[_4_] is offline

Default Looking For Discontinued Tile - Westminster F100- POST from Jamesgangnc

I have made calls all over the country but there is apparently no 4" to be
had. Hard to believe but I guess 2 years is past the statute of limitations
on availability.

I think that I will just try to epoxy the small chips so that we have fewer
to replace.

Thanks, Larry

"Larry B" wrote in message
m...
Someone replied to this post but my newsreader does not show it for some
odd reason. I found it in Google search. So, here it is again with my
response.

From Jamesgangnc:

How many do you need? Have you taken a piece into some tile outlets
to see if you can get close? I'm thinking there are a lot of 4"
glossy white tiles out there. Depending on where the tile is you may
be able to find something close enough.

I find that what I see as flaws in homes is generally overlooked by
98% of the world. Tiling is one of those things. I take great pains
to try to achieve a uniform gap and straight lines in my tiling jobs.
I freqeuntly see other tiled spaces that just look shoddy to me but no
one else seems to notice.

My response:

This tile has a unique undulating surface so they are not typical white
tiles. Everyone I have called says that they have nothing like it. I need
12 v-caps and 4 end caps. However, my quest is nationwide and I have found
some 6" v-caps. It has been suggested that I cut the 6" down to 4" but
won't that leave me with a weird edge that will always be getting dirty or
chipped?

"Larry B." wrote in message
F100- Bright White Glossy 4"

Well, wasn't I surprised to go looking for some replacement tiles and
find that they had shuttered their doors in 2008.

Is there a cottage industry in discontinued tile and/or a clearinghouse
website for selling/buying odd lots of (discontinued) ceramic tile?

I am in Southern California and have made a few calls with no luck. Any
suggestions? Thanks