Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus22590 Ignoramus22590 is offline

Default Aerating coolant, do I need a "stone" or not

On 2010-11-22, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 23:14:38 -0600, Ignoramus18625
wrote:

I finally visited Wal-Mart and bought two timers. I want to run the
skimmer off of one timer, and aerator (fishtank style air pump) on
another timer.

My question is, do I need a stone on the aerator, or not. I am
concerned that the stone will eventually become plugged by coolant
residue. If bubbling water without a stone is a little less efficient,
I do not think that I care too much.

Any thoughts on this?

Ayup..you really need the stone to make the bubbles as fine as possible.

And they are dirt cheap so you can replace one every couple years out of
pocket change

OK... hopefully tonight I will finish this... will also add a farm and
fleet water heater to prevent freezing... thanks