Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default CPC delivery charges

Bob Eager :
On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 00:24:30 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

There was a recent thread about CPC's free delivery promotion and I
said: " I often add things to my cpc basket but never checkout until I
reach the £45 ex vat threshold.

That annoys me intensly. I want to know delivery charges 'before' I got
to checkout or bugger about registering.

You do know them. It's in the help on the website, under 'Online
Ordering'. Clearly states the threshold is £45.

It would be even clearer if the additional charges were put into your
basket at the outset. Not so much for a site you use often, but when
going to an unfamiliar site - especially when just comparing prices -
having the charges displayed clearly in the basket would be a Good
Thing.

1 Handling charge for orders up to £29.99 (ex VAT) £5.95

(and click on the description for chapter and verse)

On many sites you can't see the invoice total until you've identified
yourself. At that point I go elsewhere.

--
Mike Barnes