Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Some electrical outlets not working

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 12:27:14 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 03:42:25 -0800 (PST), al
wrote:

Some of the outlets in my house stopped working. Outlets on
individual walls in different rooms work while others don't. They are
associated with different fuses, but the fuses are okay. I double
checked them by replacing them anyway and affected outlets still don't
work. Any idea what would cause this?

It can be a bad connection on the last outlet that works (outgoing
side)
Plug a radio with the volume all the way up in a non-working outlet
and bang on the ones nearby. When you hear the radio squawk you found
it.

He said it was on different circuits - fed from different fuses.

He didn't say if they were on the same side of the panel. If so, a
loose line feed could be the culprit.