Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry B[_2_] Larry B[_2_] is offline

Default Looking For Discontinued Tile - Westminster F100- POST from Jamesgangnc

Someone replied to this post but my newsreader does not show it for some odd
reason. I found it in Google search. So, here it is again with my response.

From Jamesgangnc:

How many do you need? Have you taken a piece into some tile outlets
to see if you can get close? I'm thinking there are a lot of 4"
glossy white tiles out there. Depending on where the tile is you may
be able to find something close enough.

I find that what I see as flaws in homes is generally overlooked by
98% of the world. Tiling is one of those things. I take great pains
to try to achieve a uniform gap and straight lines in my tiling jobs.
I freqeuntly see other tiled spaces that just look shoddy to me but no
one else seems to notice.

My response:

This tile has a unique undulating surface so they are not typical white
tiles. Everyone I have called says that they have nothing like it. I need 12
v-caps and 4 end caps. However, my quest is nationwide and I have found some
6" v-caps. It has been suggested that I cut the 6" down to 4" but won't that
leave me with a weird edge that will always be getting dirty or chipped?

"Larry B." wrote in message
F100- Bright White Glossy 4"

Well, wasn't I surprised to go looking for some replacement tiles and find
that they had shuttered their doors in 2008.

Is there a cottage industry in discontinued tile and/or a clearinghouse
website for selling/buying odd lots of (discontinued) ceramic tile?

I am in Southern California and have made a few calls with no luck. Any
suggestions? Thanks