Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default how long will old boiler last?

wrote:

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 15:14:14 -0500, "Pete C."

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 14:26:46 -0400, Tom wrote:

Here's my question stated simply:
How long do boilers generally last?

I'd say that at 35 years, you are well beyond the normal service life.
Utica makes good boilers, but 35 years is a long time for a
residential boiler.

I wouldn't agree with that at all.

Take it up with the manufacturers, then. I think they know a little
more than you do about the AVERAGE service life of the products they
build.

The manufacturers want to sell boilers, not give customers the maximum
service life. If you're paranoid you can replace your boiler every year
if you want, or you could be sane and do an actual evaluation of the
unit to see if it actually has any issues.