Posted to alt.home.repair
gcotterl gcotterl is offline

Default Flat-panel TV on old TV cabinet

On Oct 2, 2:48*pm, aemeijers wrote:
On 10/2/2010 5:30 PM, gcotterl wrote:

How can I mount a new flat-panel TV on the front of the cabinet of a
1980's-era TV (with a cathode-ray picture tube)? *(I've already taken
the old TV out of the cabinet).

Put one of those fake electric fireplace things in the hole where the TV
used to be, and set the flat-screen on top.
* ( *:^/, of course )

Serious answer- time to junk the old console, or convert it into a
minibar, or something. I've seen kludges like you are proposing, and
they all looked like crap. You can never get the trim you add to look
like the original factory finish.
--
aem sends...

The old console is a good-looking piece of furniture which would
accomodate a new flat-panel TV better than holding a fake fireplace or
being converted to a minibar.