Posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc,alt.home.repair
Mike Van Pelt Mike Van Pelt is offline

Default Dog Door Plans (Energy Efficient)

In article ,
Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
Jonathan Grobe wrote:

Anyone know of any plans on the internet to build
an energy efficient dog door ...

Why roll your own when you can buy one off the shelf? They make dual
pane, magnetic latch, etc. pet doors that are pretty high quality.

I'd need one to prevent the little monster from sneaking out
of the house with one of my wife's shoes. She leaves mine
alone, and is pretty good about not chewing 'em up when she
is likely to be observed. But if she gets the chance to
grab one and sneak out of the house with it, all bets are
off. She's most fond of shoes with custom orthoics. $$$$.

Something along the lines of this:

http://www.neatorama.com/2007/10/03/...ntrol-project/

(Just a brief description of the "cat can't come in if it's
carrying a mouse or bird" cat door project... the really
fun main page seems to be down, alas.)

--
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in | Mike Van Pelt
the first place. Therefore, if you write the code | mvp at calweb.com
as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not | KE6BVH
smart enough to debug it. --- Brian W. Kernighan