Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Finished it today. (Last kitchen)

On Sep 23, 11:33*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 17:44:57 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

wrote:
On Sep 23, 8:31*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:
What's your CNC setup, again?

General 4 x 8 Elte Spindle 3HP with 3Phase VFD.

http://www.generalcnc.ca/cnc_for_production

He's a big boy. (Sounds expensive.) *I'll bet it's fun to work with.

I'm glad I bought the size I did, thatsafursure. One thing I did
learn, is when one makes the commitment to buy one, one must allow a
non-productive time in order to tackle the learning curve. It is not
nearly as bad as I want my customers to believe, but a solid knowledge
of vector editing and file-conversion is essential. The boys at
Vectric have created an incredible piece of software that would have
cost $10,000 not too long ago. Their Aspire package is insanely
powerful and relatively friendly to use.
Owning a cnc without a package like that forces one to grow a brain
like Morris's and who wants that? G