Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default Lidl Compressor

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
: On 10/09/2010 11:54, Jerry wrote:
: "Roger wrote in message
: ...
:
: snip
: :
: : I've often toyed with the idea of having a compressor - so
this
: looks
: : like a possible opportunity to 'stick my toe in the water'.
: :
:
: Before anyone can answer your questions you need to tell us
what
: you intend to do with the compressor, inflating your car
tyres,
: using a nail gun or repainting a car or house all need
different
: spec's of compressors...
:
:
: The truth is that I don't really know! It may be the case of a
solution
: looking for a problem - or a case of let's get one and see what
I can do
: with it! Hence my request for other people's experiences.
:
: I guess that primarily I would use it for inflating tyres and
blowing
: dirt off things. I might get attachments such as a nail gun
and/or
: impact driver - and possibly sand blaster. I don't expect to do
much -
: if any - paint spraying.

The Lidil compressor should be fine for the first three uses
(providing that you are not planning to 'nail for Britain' in a
house building competition. Both impact and most certainly sand
blasting could be a problem if used constantly as it doesn't have
a very large (24lt) tank capacity, and thus you would be more
reliant on the displacement of the actual compressor (the Air
Displacement figure). That said, for the price, this unit should
be good to get started if used sensibly. Always wear eye
protection is using a compressed air supply for blowing dirt
off/out of things, the average elf and safety inspector frowns on
such use for understandable reasons!
--
Regards, Jerry.