Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy Andy is offline

Default Rat Poison vs. Cockroaches

Seems like a lot of trouble, no offense. I got rid of mine by simply
strewing boric acid in all likely places INCLUDING under shelf paper
and drawer liners. Around baseboards and entrances, of course.

Andy comments:

When I just dusted it, it left a powder that tenants in the house
tended to vacuum up in their efforts to "clean" the place.

When I used the vacuum cleaner on "blow" , it tended to coat
every damn thing in the place, cling to walls and filter into
crevices, and didn't leave little piles to attract attention.....

Same thing with dissolving in water and spraying....

As far as Red's idea of mixing it with stuff that roaches like
so they will eat it, .... I'm sure that works , also. And the
smell would attract roaches from other planets to come and
feed also. Maybe that's a good idea. I'm sure it would attract
my dogs, who would lick the stuff up and clean it for me.
Probly wouldn't hurt them, but they don't seem to have
any interest in plain old Boric acid..... I've tasted it and
can't blame them.....

Actually, maybe I could smear some on their private parts
so they wouldn't lick themselves so much when guests
come by...... just thinking out loud..

Andy in Eureka, Texas