Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy Andy is offline

Default Rat Poison vs. Cockroaches

Andy comments:

Sprinkle Boric acid (Roach Prufe) powder on the surface and put the
rat
poison in the middle.

The Boric acid won't deter the rats, but will wipe out the roaches.
It isn't
poisonous, but interferes with there reproductive system.

Boric Acid doesn't do much against ants. However, if you lay about
1 inch circle of Seven Dust on the outside perimeter of the Borid
acid
spread, it will kill the ants. You may also have some dead roaches
clean up, tho, so if you don't have an ant problem, don't use it.....

Boric acid isn't poisonous to people, and has been uses as an
eyewash
when chemically pure. It is also called orthoboric acid. It' won't
kill pets
but will completely eliminate a roach problem...

Personally, for mice/rats, I use standard traps baited with peanut
butter.
If roaches are a problem, I put it in the middle of a Boric acid
spread......

..... ya gotta tailor the weapon to the pest...

Andy in Eureka, Texas

PS If you have a sign saying "HACIENDA" on the side of your truck,
it will keep Mexicans away....