Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Radiant heating (boiler) vs. Forced air

On Aug 23, 11:40*pm, "SBH" wrote:
I currently have radiant heating in our home and have been quoting prices for a separate AC unit (space pack) installed. At the recent received quotes of $6000 to $8000, it got me thinking about the cost of removing the boiler system and installing a forced air system (furnace). The boiler removal can be done my me as well as the installation of duct work for the forced air. Since the cost of adding an AC unit to a furnace system is roughly $1000, That would leave roughly $5000 to $7000 difference for the installation of the rest of the furnace system and I can't believe it would cost that much....or....am I wrong?

What would the pros and cons be of each?

Thanks

If going to this extent, buy yourself a reversible heat pump. Heats
and cools.
Ideally a ground source one.