Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spamlet Spamlet is offline

Default 2 Radiators in series?

"PeterC" wrote in message
I'm adding another radiator to a room; it'll be on the outside wall the
same as the present one. The gap will be only about 10cm or so, room to
get
valves in.
Instead of fitting valves to both rads., I was wondering about just
connecting them in series with a bit of pipe. Is there any major drawback
to this method?
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

One drawback is that if one rad develops a fault you will not be able to
isolate it, and moving the rads as a pair might be fiddly and require care
not to get black goo everywhere if you have to loosen the joiner pipe.
Minor details but worth thinking about if you have nice carpets. [ Yes
folks, I'm stingy, and prefer to empty one rad at a time if I can, rather
than keep forking out for expensive inhibitors etc after draining the whole
system.]