Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Cheap Cardboard shredder

In message SPH5o.12309$7Z3.4870@hurricane, S R
writes
Increasing bureaucracy being what it is, I am having to solve the
problem of dealing with cardboard waste but with very limited storage
space. The waste collection company has stopped taking all the waste
and now strictly only takes what is in the bin.

So, instead of taking calls and generating work for the staff, I am
having to spend time ripping up the waste boxes so they fit into the
bin. It just doesn't seem right in a business to have to spend time
doing this.

I have looked for compactors but they all look expensive. So first
question is does anyone know of any cheap compactors or shredders for
cardboard. The other question is what are the thought of the panel on
the idea of a DIY shredder - possibly made from an old electric lawn
mower.

Our Local council is making noises in the cardboard collection direction

Phone yours up and ask

--
geoff