Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default fitting cooker hood

I will be fitting a cooker hood (not done one before). I guess it will
be one with a squarish brushed metal riser. Some questions:

1. Is the fan usually integrated into the hood, or is it above the
hood in the riser, or in the ceiling ?

2. The first stage will be to fit the ducting into the ceiling so the
ceiling can be plastered up etc. There will basically be a stub of
pipe sticking downwards out of the ceiling. When you later come to fit
the hood and riser, how much tolerance do you get left or right to
position it ? For example, assuming a flexible pipe is used for part
of the connection, you could move the duct left or right by about
inside riser width - outside duct width / 2.

Cheers,
Simon.