Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser[_3_] Lobby Dosser[_3_] is offline

Default How to cut preformed countertops???

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 21:20:17 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"
wrote the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 07:57:40 -0500, "The Post Quartermaster"
wrote the following:

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message

Box cutter and snap.

I've heard that a skilsaw was the proper method but I'm a bit uneasy
about that. I don't recall the box cutter method. I'm assuming you
score from the backside??? I'm going to make several trial runs on
some scrap. Usually when I do that, the tests are perfect and then the
real deal crumbles into a disaster. G

I think Lobby was funnin' the OP. One can't score and snap anything in
the shape of an ell.

An ell?

What do you call this shape? Are we on the same page here, Lob?
http://fwd4.me/Yue

Laminate by itself, without the MDF backing, I'd score the front/top
and snap.

He's talking about laminate by itself.

But yes, score the back and snap

Score the _BACK_? And snap to a raggedy laminate edge on the front
side? Please put your hands up n' step away from that bottle, sir!

Just tested it on some scrap. You are correct!

SCORE THE FRONT!

In practice you're going to cut over size and trim after you glue it down
anyway.

--
It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness;
poverty and wealth have both failed.