Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bear[_3_] Bear[_3_] is offline

Default Installing a vented tumble dryer

On Jul 29, 5:32*pm, chunkyoldcortina wrote:
On 29/07/10 17:12, Bear wrote:

Luckily my tumble dryer (once purchased) can sit aside an external
wall in the utility room. Question is, how do I bore a hole through
the wall of reasonable size? I'm handy with a drill, but the last
vented dryer I saw required a hole around 6 - 9 inches in diameter!

You can get brick-shaped vents as well as round ones. They usually have an
adapter to fit a round hose on the internal side and either a brick shape or
square external vent.

Wow - didn't know that. So basically just crack the plaster, locate a
brick or two to remove and fit?