Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default septic drain-field caps

On Jul 26, 12:48*pm, Jules Richardson
wrote:
Having never owned a septic system prior to our current house... is there
any reason not to recess the drain-field caps so that the tops are level
with the surrounding ground?

The three tank-caps I can always disguise amongst a flower bed or
something so they're still easily accessible for pumping; having to mow
around the seven drain-field caps every week or two too is a pain in the
butt though. I noticed that the neighbours have them trimmed to be flush
with the ground; any reason not to do the same (other than a little
digging needed with a trowel if I do ever need to look at the drain-
field)?

cheers

Jules

I have only one, set at ground level, for cleanout of alternate drain
field. At ground level, I've had to replace cap twice as kids hit it
with lawn mower, so, you will still have the same problem except
others will not see them.