Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nitro® Nitro® is offline

Default New fascia - cost?

I am considering new fascias due to rot at the corners
and a few other areas. Some extend no more than a foot
before becoming solid timber again and other areas more
than three feet. I don't think splicing in new wood would
be the best solution and it would entail a lot of sanding
and painting to match it all in.

The guttering is the culprit for most of the rot and peeling
of paint, the remainder is purely down to age and a lack
of maintenance by the previous owners.

The guttering will be sorted when new fascias are fitted, but
how much could I expect to pay for a 3 bed detached house?
I'd like wood again and not just clad the existing rot with
plastic. (Soffits are pretty much in good order).

--
The man who smiles when things go wrong
has thought of someone to blame it on.