Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott M Scott M is offline

Default How to remove handle on bathroom sink tap?

Jim K wrote:

expect the handles will come off by pulling in line - axially

Just to add my 2p, I'd be expecting the silver caps to unscrew at the
gold section. (The top is then held to the cartridge by a grubscrew.)

Usual advise is go to (posss several) plumbers
merchants armed with what you take off and ensure you buy the correct
"hand" replacement (else as you note the tap will work fine but
"backwards" when fixed)

A left hand cartridge can easily be converted into a right hand
cartridge by realigning the discs inside. Did this myself recently.

--
Scott