Posted to uk.d-i-y
zaax zaax is offline

Default Radio Antenna On Chimney ?

the_constructor wrote:

Being a white stick radio operator, I have to find someone to put the
antenna up on the chimney stack for me, but before I do, I need some
advice please.

Obviously, a small pole needs to be attached to the chimney stack so
that the antenna which is a glass fibre aerial weighing 0.9Kg can be
fitted just above the stack itself. Neither I nor my neighbour have
chimney pots.

I would estimate that the pole would be overall about 3 feet long and
then the antenna fitted at the top of the pole to clear the stack.

Should I use 1 or 2 lashing kits to hold the pole. The pole will be
2" alli scaffold, already obtained, curtousy of the housing
refurbishment contractors.

I have written consent from my neighbours because the chimney stack
belongs to both of us.

I asked on another group but advice not forth coming.

Kindest regards,

Jim

Stick a pole in the ground it much easier to take down when you need to
put up another type of ariel. The ariel can be 15M from ground level. A
tempory wind up / down one can be as high as needed.

--
---
zaax